Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Model X Plaid redefines what is fast for an SUV - [email protected] 1/4 mile, 60-130 in 5.26

You already know about the Tesla Model S Plaid and its performance figures and drivetrain. We'll skip all of that as the Tesla Model X Plaid is essentially the same thing but in a heavier SUV form.

Click here to enlarge

Based on that you already know it is slower than the Model S Plaid. The question is, just how much slower?

Well, not too much as on the first pass down the strip it traps 144.88. Yes, a ~5 mph difference with its sedan sibling is significant but this is an SUV that will smoke a McLaren 720S. That's insane.

Here is what you wanted to see:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Fast? Quick? The quickest and fastest SUV on the market? Yep, yep, yep.

You better be packing some serious heat if you want to pick on one of these. Otherwise a soccer mom will have her kids wave goodbye while easily pulling away.

Unbelievable numbers.

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First it was the 720s now it’s the Tesla plaid models sucking all the fun out of it, these cars aren’t even in the same league. Such impressive work but scary to think how many people will have this kind of power and how fast things can go bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What a good-looking thing lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it really an SUV?

it looks more like a minivan to me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    Is it really an SUV?

it looks more like a minivan to me
    Yeah it pretty much is but SUV’s mostly are pavement queens anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I found it so ironic that Brooks had to poke at Aston Martin for their claims that the DBX707 is the world's "most powerful luxury SUV, when the Model S Plaid is nowhere near the "Quickest and Most Powerful SUV in the World".

There are Jeep Trackhawks and Grand Cherokees that are into the 8 second range at over 156MPH with a handful of them faster and quicker than the Model X Plaid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F16HTON Click here to enlarge
    I found it so ironic that Brooks had to poke at Aston Martin for their claims that the DBX707 is the world's "most powerful luxury SUV, when the Model S Plaid is nowhere near the "Quickest and Most Powerful SUV in the World".

There are Jeep Trackhawks and Grand Cherokees that are into the 8 second range at over 156MPH with a handful of them faster and quicker than the Model X Plaid.
    He humps Tesla hard.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F16HTON Click here to enlarge

I didn’t watch it, did he not clarify “oem” as opposed to “modified”

the Tesla minivan model x is the quickest and fastest stock “suv” you can buy, but not modified as you point out.

And as others have pointed out to me it’s a meaningless stat to this forum in particular because of course we would include modifications into the race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My buddy took delivery of his Plaid X this week. I’m going to drive it soon. I’ve logged over 70k miles on my P90D Ludicrous X. I know the Plaid will be insanely quick, but I’m interested to see if they’ve improved the car at all otherwise. The road noise in mine is unacceptable for a $150k car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is his race against a 992 Turbo S.